Friday 29 June 2012

Its Almost Marathon Time

Well its been a bit quiet the past week. I went out for a couple of little hour long runs but nothing major and I also got out on the bike for a 68km ride down the valley just to mix training up a bit and to let my knees rest from pounding the trails.
Running to Flegere from Planpraz on Sunday Lunch

Mont Blancs a big old Mountain , view is from Passy 34km down valley from Cham. Great bike ride.

I was also in Lyon on Monday evening to watch The Stone Roses do a gig at an amazing old Roman amphitheatre , an after been allowed in to watch the sound check in the afternoon the rest of the day and evening were spent celebrating what was an incredible wee trip and the end of any sort of alcohol drinking until after the CCC on August 31st! That’s a long way away but has to be done.

So the Marathon is on Sunday and I am feeling fine for it. I have rested for the past 6 odd days so I should be ready to go come 7am Sunday. The forecast is looking awful with heavy rain and a thunderstorm passing over. To be honest I was quite happy to hear that as the recent temperature has been a roasting 33 and I was not looking forward to running in that. I am happy with rain.

I am still unsure on whether to give the Marathon a right good go and try get a good time or just cruise it and use it as training towards the CCC. I think it may be quite good to be able to finish it and feel not too bad. The Marathon finishes at Planpraz which is 1000m directly above my house so my plan is to run over the line and then just keep going and run down the 1000m to my house. All seems a good idea at the moment but that may all change.


No comments:

Post a Comment