Wednesday 3 April 2013

Going Well

It has been a good week for skiing and running. I finally skied the Classic Cosmiques Couloir which is an awesome long ski line down from the Midi. I am not really into skiing super steep stuff purely for the fact I would prefer not be somewhere if I fall I die and plus I ain't good enough to ski super steep. To be honest I expected this to be steeper given all the hype around it but once in it after a 60m abseil it was actually totally fine. A small side slip on hard pack snow that was I guess 45-50° it was then just great skiing all the way down to the Bossons Glacier at an angle of between 40-45° , after some epic turns further down we battled through the trees that required 2 further abseils and we were out at the Mont Blanc Tunnel and only a car ride from home. Awesome day and glad to have finally skied it.

In the Cosmiques
Lower Down before the tree battle
So there has been plenty of running and a little bit of skinning up as well. I managed a great little skin up to the Chalet Loriaz in glorious sunny and hot weather and had the whole place to myself. It is only a 700m skin up from the car but goes up an ace little track through the trees before breaking out into the open mountainside. The ski down wasn't the greatest on a tiny narrow and extremely fast path but I got down in one piece.

Loriaz
I got home and decided on a run so headed off down to Servoz. I got to Les Houches on snow free trails but then I was on road down to Servoz , I even felt good on the road but my hamstring tightened up a bit about 15 mins from my turnaround point so I decided not to run back and opted to get the bus back to Chamonix. I am not really sure how far it is but it is about 15-18km I reckon and I was 1hr 45mins. By no means fast at all but at moment it is all about getting miles in and feeling as fresh as possible afterwards.

En Route to Servoz , It's kinda hard taking running photos of yourself!
Today my hamstring feels fine and I feel fresh to go out again tonight. I will try to keep upping the mileage bit by bit as it is 5 weeks until Kintyre and if I can get a 30km in before then I should be ok so next week I will probably get a 25km and then a 30km the week after when I go to Italy.





No comments:

Post a Comment