Thursday 3 July 2014

It's Time!!!

I am currently sat in Heathrow airport with a long wait until my flight to Denver. The last couple of weeks in Chamonix were just amazing and I managed to get out a do all my usual favourite runs and scrambles with friends and let's not forgot a rather blurry yet awesome farewell party.

Great little final scramble with Naila in Chamonix
I won't be posting a long blog right now but I would like to thank every single person I have ever met in Chamonix for making it an awesome few years for me. I won't forget any of you and the truly brilliant times we had over many a summer and winter season. I will be back for sure for the odd trip over as the place is just too good to completely forget about but until then my sights are firmly set on just seeing how strong my running can become over the next 3 months in Colorado and hopefully I will get round my next 100 miler and maybe even feel good for most of it.

Excellent local run on my one day stop over in Scotland
Now I cannot post without mentioning my good friend Lauren who ran her first marathon last week in Chamonix. The Mont Blanc Marathon is by no means your normal marathon. It involves heaps of climbing(2500m) over some quite technical terrain and this year the weather was horrendous. Woody was always a bit nervous about it but I was sure she would do well and oh god how I was right and also amazed. She completely smashed the course running an amazing 4hrs 51mins. Coming 25th overall female and first British Female and around 200th out of 2000 runners overall! Line up the sponsors!!! She ran an amazing race and I had so much fun following her and running a bit of the last section into town alongside her. It really was very inspiring to watch and it has me pumped and ready for Leadville 50 in 10 days time.

Next stop.......Colorado!!

No comments:

Post a Comment